Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Oh baby!

It's time for a break from my 30- day challenge and get back to business: our impending bundle of joy :) As far back as I can remember, I've always thought about what my children would be like. I think all parents have some sort of hope/dream/aspiration for their children and as a mom-to-be, I am no different. We will enocourage our child/ren to get involved in extracurricular activities (sports, music, arts, whatever his or her little heart desires) and we will nurture whatever their passion may be (even if it changes every month). But who am I kidding?? I can't wait to sign my daughter up for dance lessons or squirm in the bleachers at my son's football practice. Or, if little bit would rather take on the chess club- so be it. I am going to be the loudest mom at all of his/her tournaments- even if it means I'll get put out.

As a soon-to-be mommy of a biracial child, there are certain physical characteristics that will be unknown. It's not like I KNOW my child/ren will have brown eyes or brown hair because I don't. You never know what you may get when you mix two races together. Look at Halle Berry, Mariah Carey, and Alicia Keys- three biracial beauties all very different (yet talented!). So I did an experiment courtesy of The Tech Museum to see the probability of little one having me or my hubby's eye color. The results:




Mostly in my favor and then split between dad-to-be and some random person who was definitely not involved in this baby making process at all. If you have children of your own already you can plug in your own info and see if your kids beat the odds :)


Only 156 days until we find out... unless of course we have a fashionably late baby girl or a very impatient baby boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts.... Right here is good.

I respond to ALL comments- by email. Don't be a no-reply commenter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
X