Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 21

A recipe


I'm not much of a cook. I CAN cook and it will taste good, but I find some dishes to be too labor intensive for me. Perhaps if I weren't at work all day and then whisked off to some other activity after, I would be more inclined to cook- but I don't need too because hubby is a gourmet chef! Well at least he's my gourmet chef!

I am however, a baker. I enjoy it immensely and even have a few cake decorating classes under my belt. Right now my scope of baking is cakes, cupcakes, brownies, and cookies, but I have been trying to develop some pie baking skills. I don't have the time I'd like to devoted to baking and no matter what my husband says he never finishes an entire anything (except pan of brownies) so a lot of my practice rounds go to waste. Whenever there is bake sale or a birthday celebration it is always the most inconveniently possible time for me to get more practice and showcase my talent.

One of my claims to fame is the icing I use. Most like it because its really light and airy which is a huge contrast from the traditional butter cream. While I can't decorate with my icing I can always manipulate is to complement any cake flavor. Here is my fool-proof vanilla icing:

1 pint heavy cream
1/2 cup confectioners sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract

Mix heavy cream on high until slightly aerated. add sugar and extract. Continue to mix until cream forms stiff peaks. And your done!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts.... Right here is good.

I respond to ALL comments- by email. Don't be a no-reply commenter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
X