Friday, April 15, 2011

Day 15

Your dream house

This is going to be fun and I'm halfway done! My house is something that I've dreamed about forever... see about me #7. I think home is definitely where the heart is- however, I don't believe that home is a building, I see it more as a place/feeling that exists weather it's on a cul-de-sac or in an apartment building.
If I won the lottery then this would be my home...


First floor
                                                                              
    
Second floor


So, you probably can't see the floor plans and the first floor doesn't match the second floor but... never mind that. The first floor consists of: 2-car garage, storage, mud room, laundry room, kitchen, walk-in pantry, family room, living room, dining room, study, and an in-law suite! The second floor has the master suite (with a den and 2 walk in closets!), 3 additional bedrooms, and a play room. Yea... lottery winnings are needed, at least in our cuurent location. In this state a 5 bedroom house would easily run you $700,000. We could of course move to a different state but that's neither here nor there. Now for design:

The kitchen:

1. Viking appliances are a must. My husband doubles as the family chef and this is HIS must-have. In his words exactly: 6 burners with a grill... and I think he should have it :)

2. It would have an island with a double counter that serves as extra seating and plenty of storage.

3. A breakfast nook and sliding glass doors that leads to an awesome patio.

The master bath:

1. His and her sinks and closets.

2. A sitting area with a fireplace.

3. Lots of room.

Other notes of importance:

1. A mud room preferably off the garage.

2. Lots of storage space.

3. Open floor plan

4. Dining room for hosting holiday dinners

5. A family room or playroom where little one and his or her siblings can run amuck without injuring innocent by-standers with stray toys on wheels.

6. A home office where I can be the CEO of my house without having stray documents strewn about the house.

Did I leave anything out? Whew! I better find an architect to get started...

1 comment:

  1. You really have a flair for writing, even if I didn't know you, I'd enjoy reading your blog. And I could hear you saying "but never mind that" in my head!!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts.... Right here is good.

I respond to ALL comments- by email. Don't be a no-reply commenter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
X