Wednesday, January 18, 2012

another random post

I have a whole bunch of things I want to blog about but have little to no time to do so. Here's a shortened version of what's going on in my head right now:

                                                               __________________________

I'm particularly saddened that I didn't get to blog about a recent significant holiday:

I want my son to know how important the celebration of Martin Luther King Jr.'s birthday is- it's not just an extra day off. I can't wait to take him to the King Center in Atlanta and I myself would LOVE to visit the King Memorial in D.C.- despite all of the controversy surrounding it.
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Today the Internet went black. Well sort of- and this is the thing: I kind of have no idea what's going on. I'd like to blame in on the fact that I'm a mom, but it's really more of the fact that I just don't have everything quite down pact yet. I'm still figuring out how to get everything done (or at least the essentials) and still spend time with my son and husband. I'm back to work now (more on this another day) and finding the balance between home and work has been elusive. I'm sure I'll get it- Noah didn't build the ark in one day. Needless to say- I have a DVR full of unwatched television shows (I'm sure it's at about 80% full or my husband has been sneaking and deleting my shows). So, I'm embarrassed to say type acknowledge that I have no idea what SOPA and PIPA is- I'm glad there is someone in this world concerned about our #firstworldproblems and protesting. And in case you've been living under baby poop, milk, and teething rings go to wikipedia (the English version) and google right now (January 18 is the only day they are doing it as far as I know). Yea- crazy. Even craigslist and Pinterest have joined in. I would sit here and think of random websites to go to but who has time for that?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I'm a Beyonce fan... not quite a Stan. Well maybe. I used to think I was Beyonce on weekends. Okay, I know that sounds weird but whatever. I know there are a great deal of people who don't necessarily care for her, or her music, or celebrity- but I find most of her songs to be very catchy, I think she's quite fashionable and she gorgeous and gracious. I admire her drive. I remember in an interview she stated she wanted to be the first person to win a Grammy, Oscar, and a Tony- that's ambition. She's found a goal and is working toward it. I definitely think she can do it. We all know of her insane amount of Grammy's and she came so close to that Oscar- she will find another role that will take her to the top (although Dreamgirls may be the only movie I truly liked her as an actress. We won't bring up Obsessed). I also believe that like many other successful singers (Sheryl Lee Ralph) when she's done with the main stream spotlight- she can make it on Broadway.

So my point...

I'm kind of getting sick of the recent news of her giving birth. I mean I will read or watch legitimate news, good news. Every since she announced her pregnancy there has been so much gossip surrounding the ordeal that I actually at this point feel bad for her. She has been accused of wearing a fake baby bump and using a surrogate to avoid 'ruining her body', She's been ridiculed for continuing to wear heels throughout the pregnancy, there have been reports of giving birth in December to a 'Tiana May Carter' (although I think this was just a twitter rumor). It has been reported that her security caused some inconveniences to the parents of newborn babies in NICU. I have no idea what's true and what's not because I haven't been there to witness any of it. But I draw the line at going after newborn babies.


photo credit
Really?? Really?? Seriously???

If I new someone had said something so malicious about my little boy when he was born not only would I be extremely hurt and disgusted- but I might just flip my lid. I get that celebrities are targets of all sorts of craziness but this was just plain unnecessary. Especially because we are all born into sin (Psalm 51:5) singling out a child who has no idea of the life she was born into is just plain wrong. And an inappropriate jab at her parents nonetheless.

I really just want it all to stop. I really feel bad for baby Carter's family and if she ever googles her name in the distant future- how is her parents going to explain that, although I'm sure in her lifetime they will be explaining a lot due to their high profile lives. I wish them lots of love (which has already been expressed in Jay-Z's "Glory") and I hope they do decide to do an interview- in their own time- just to let their fans know how blessed they are ( I know they don't owe it to us) and let those who care share in their joy.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I am obsessed with Pinterest right now. I could waste hours everyday pinning away.


Source


BEST. PIN.EVER.

I swear my son makes that face sometime.


____________________________________________________________________________________________

And if I can ever get my life together stay tuned for upcoming posts:

A day in the life of a working mom
Craving: Cheesecake
365 366 love letters: week 2
A day in the life: Weekend Edition
My New Year's resolutions (Yea I know)

1 comment:

  1. I love the randomness of this post. Yeah the B-stans are definitely WAY over the top, and for me, just being a regular "fan" - I like some of her work, some not so much - their actions are actually hurting her career bc its making me say UGHHHHHHH Beyonce talk again?! The way the public AND media talked about her pregnancy was ridiculous.

    I love that pin-picture thingy (still not quite sure what pintrest is, but getting a clearer idea)!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts.... Right here is good.

I respond to ALL comments- by email. Don't be a no-reply commenter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
X