Thursday, February 24, 2011

Finding out 1/1/11


Although we've been trying, it was a shock to find out I was pregnant. I just did not expect it. I know it's silly but after so many failed months, I was ready for more disappointment.

I've been charting so I knew exactly when to expect my period. On Friday December 31st I thought for sure I would have a temp drop. I've been charting since March of 2010 and my LP is usually 13 days. One month I had 14 day LP and I thought okay maybe I'm having another.. yeah that's right, my body is doing something different for the new year. We didn't get to bed until 4 am that night/morning so when I took my temp the next morning and it was still high, I thought for sure it was because I only had 2 hours of sleep. I rolled back over and went back to sleep. Looking back, at this point I still had all of my PMS symptoms except mood swings. My cramps were always a sure sign my period was coming. Ha!

To humor myself - and to make sure - when I finally rolled out of bed I took a IC HPT and jumped in the shower. After sitting on the couch for a while I suddenly remembered I took a HPT. I peeked and saw two pink lines!!!!

I could have fainted.

By then my husband was awake and I wanted to tell him in a special way. So, I grabbed the car keys and ran out of the house to Target (but not without first stopping at three different dollar stores). I bought him an "I love daddy" baby bib... gender neutral of course. I accidentally left my phone at home and he had sent me several texts because he didn't expect me to take an hour at the store to "pick up some soap". When I got home I explained that 2010 had been kind of a rough year for us (we had quite a few ups and downs) and I believed that 2011 would be a better year for us. I gave him the gift bag that contained the bib and he said "aww thanks, but I know you want to have a baby".... only my husband. I looked at him tearfully and said "no silly, I'm pregnant!". Then he cried- joyful tears of course! After a few minutes of emotional hugs and kisses, I showed him the two pink lines. My husband then asked me if I took the test right! To indulge him and to share that joy of seeing the stick appear with two pink lines, I peed in a cup and left him dip it (a little gross, I know). He would kill me if he knew I told someone that he dipped a stick in a cup full of my pee, but I could see the excitement in his eyes. Carefully reading the instructions, he said okay we have to wait 3 minutes. I walked away and what seems like 30 seconds later he appeared in the closet doorway and said "two pink lines!" I thought it was hilarious. He stated he couldn't wait 3 minutes and checked right away. All day we would randomly look at each other and say "two pink lines!"

I insisted he take me back to Target because they were having a good sale. While we were there, we picked up a digital test.

The next morning, I shoved the 'pregnant' digital in his face and he smiled then rolled over and went back to sleep.

We are overjoyed that we are expecting our first little one. We've wanted this for a long time and now it is one step closer to becoming a reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts.... Right here is good.

I respond to ALL comments- by email. Don't be a no-reply commenter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
X