Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Day 5

Your favorite quote.

This will be hard for reasoning different from the usual "I can't think of one". This is hard because I have so many!



The first one that comes to mind is "Have you ever seen a U-Haul behind a hearse?? Let it go, you can't take it with you!" My mom taught me that all important lesson in materialism. I think some people happen to get caught up in having the biggest, newer, and best of everything that sometimes the more important things fall by the wayside. Sure we do a good job at Christmas time remembering those less fortunate, but what about other random times of the year? Every year my church holds an special offering during Sunday service called 'one great hour of sharing' and unfortunately every year there is a disaster that these funds are going to be donated to. Sure, we cannot control mother nature and her sometimes unfortunate wrath- but I think we as a society could sometimes think less about having the latest, greatest (read: iPad and iPad 2 being released less than a year apart) and just being content with what we have. I am guilty of this myself and by no means exempt from the world of 'must haves'.


I can't remember exactly where I found/saw this but I love it and it speaks for itself:
    "Watch your thoughts, they become words. Watch your words, they become actions. Watch your actions, they become habits. Watch your habits, they become character. Watch your character, it becomes your destiny."

Lastly, just for kicks and giggles: "Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most!"

Happy Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts.... Right here is good.

I respond to ALL comments- by email. Don't be a no-reply commenter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
X