Thursday, April 21, 2011

Half-way there!


I have been waiting all week to share this information with you! I am officially half-baked! Wow, I can;t believe we've been at this for 20 weeks! 20 more weeks or 140 days until my due date...
Baby gulps down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day, both for nutrition and to practice swallowing and digesting. And, these days, those taste buds actually work! Studies show that after birth, babies respond best to tastes they've already had via amniotic fluid. Meaning, think about what you'd like your future child to eat as you prepare your own lunch.


whew! Imagine carrying that around all day, and baby's not even done!



So, according to Monday's anatomy scan, baby weight 13 ounces, heart rate is 145 bpm, and it's head circumference is 17cm. The only disappointing part is that we don't gt anymore trips to the perinatologist...hmph! Don't get me wrong, I''m glad we don't need to go back there- I just want to see my baby's precious face again. I swear my child was waving at us again! The tech got an amazing picture of the hand and you can see all the finger bones in the hand. I definitely should have asked for that picture.


Pregnancy: 20 weeks

Weight Gain: We will get an official doctors weigh in tomorrow, but I think I am holding steady at 2 pounds weight gain.

Sleep: Not enough of it.

Gender: Only the perinatolgist knows... and he told us he knew too! He definitely looked and neither one of us knew he was looking (we thought he was just kind of fishing around with the u/s wand) and then he made it a point to tell us he knew.

Name: For some reason I am not too worried that we do not have a concrete name for either sex. However we have decided that if we officially decide we will NOT be sharing with anyone :)

Feeling: Pretty good. I have good moments and some not so good moments, but I'm definitely not complaining!

Health: The baby's health is excellent! My health will be determined tomorrow.

Movement: Still confused. I'd like to think I'm feeling something but then I think "it's probably just gas".

Belly: Well I didn't take my mom's tape measure home so I'm going to say "a little bit bigger"

Next Appointment:  Tomorrow!

And here we are, my wittle cantaloupe (19w4d) and me (19w6d):




No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts.... Right here is good.

I respond to ALL comments- by email. Don't be a no-reply commenter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
X