Before I start here are some things to keep in mind:
1. We currently do not have any outdoor space and this is something we would like to be able to enjoy in the future.
2. We are moving away from ALL of our family and friends- I mean we don't know anyone where we are going so that means we will be hosting visitors of some sort at different points.
3. We currently enjoy a 2.5 bedroom (the half a 'bedroom' doesn't have a closet in it) and it works but I would like to have an office, and possibly a guest bedroom... maybe some room to expand our family?
4. I have not personally seen ANY of these spaces- I am relying solely on my husband 'knowing me' and lots of camera phone pics to help him make a decision.
5. We want to have a lease signed for August 15. He has to be out of temporary housing by 8/27 (I think) so at this point 8/15 is our best option. He thinks if worse came to worse he could get the employer to allow him to stay until 9/1 (they are very accepting and mindful of the fact that we have a little baby).
So, my husband has spent the last 2 weeks narrowing down our choices. He feels like these are our top two options:
There's only 3 bedrooms (as opposed to the five). The floors are really nice but the home has a very prominent oak wood presence. While this isn't the worse- it's not the best either.
The layout seems to be workable. I think we could enjoy living here.
But this has by far got to be the best part...
We get to enjoy the great outdoors!! We'll need a grill, nice patio furniture and lots of sweet tea :)
What it really comes down to in indoor space vs. outdoor space and price. While we will only be able to use the outdoor space a few months out of the year (that I plan on extending by investing in a heat lamp or a fire pit) I think house number #2 is more economically sound for us. But I thought I would solicit your opinion. What do you think??