Monday, June 20, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up


To my wonderful parents!

My parents have been married for 29 years (and one day)! I remember celebrating their 25th anniversary not too long ago and the fun we had surprising them :) I take a lot of my own marriage cues from them and I very blessed to have them in my life. Oftentimes we take the little things for granted- I never realized how having a strong stable couple in my life made such a difference. This past Sunday in Bible study my teacher said that she looks towards my parents marriage as well, and if they can do it- she can too. I'm very proud to have such great roles models so close to me.

My husband asked my dad for my hand in marriage (I love how traditional!) and he gave us his blessing. Since then my parents have always taken the time to make sure we were "okay" and offer us advice here and there. It's been a joy (for me at least) having them in our lives and I wish them many, many more years of happiness!

I love "holiday" weekends :) I know Father's Day isn't a bank holiday but it is a special time in it's own right.

Friday evening I spent baking- my almost favorite past time. I love to bake- but I seem to be getting more involved with every sweet treat I make and it's becoming a time consuming process. Add that to a very small kitchen and it take me hours on end to do anything! Anyway, my dad loves apple pies so I decided to put a cupcake spin on it and do an apple cupcake. It turned out to be a very delicious apple cake with apple pie filling and whipped cream icing. Of course I forgot to take a picture of the finished product (blaming it on pregnancy brain) but he loved them so that's what counts. I also made hubby chocolate peanut butter cupcakes. It's like his all time favorite combo. Reese's peanut butter cups are heaven for him. I made a chocolate cake with a peanut butter filling. Some of them had peanut butter frosting and others will have chocolate frosting (yes, I did not finish them all) he liked the ones that had peanut butter frosting on them so I'm sure he'll like the rest.

Saturday we celebrated Father's Day. My poor dad had to work on Father's Day (and his anniversary) so we had to celebrate a day early. We did some grilling in my aunt's backyard which is always tasty and hung out until in got dark and bug's started to bite.

Sunday after church I went with my husband to hang out with one of his friends. We stayed there way too late as usual. Okay, it wasn't really late but we both had to get up really early this morning and should have left earlier than we did. While we were there, a friend's friend stopped by and she's 5 months pregnant so it was great to have pregnancy chit chat with someone who is just as involved as I am! We of course swapped pregnancy related issues, weight gain questions, and baby product did-you-know-they-made-that's. She also told me about a yet another baby product with a cool concept. I think it will be this week's obsession.

So, it's back to Monday and back to the sleepies. In fact, I'm having trouble staying awake right now. I went for a walk earlier and I think it's time for another :)

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats to your parents! I agree, my parents have definitely served as inspiration to me too. Your time seems to be just flying by!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts.... Right here is good.

I respond to ALL comments- by email. Don't be a no-reply commenter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
X