Monday, June 13, 2011

Weekend- Wrap Up

Another great weekend, gone too soon.

This weekend was my hubby's birthday! I feel bad for not doing a separate post for his birthday shout out- but there's a reason. However, it's better late than never:


Happy Birthday Babe! I wish you many, many, more :)

He did get to hang out with his friends this weekend which I think it's always great when he gets to spend time with them. We don't live very close to his immediately family or closest friends so I feel like he gets the short end of the stick a lot. I'm positive they had fun especially because there is some video footage of a birthday dance at Hooters (must get video). It was the funniest thing when they made him dance like an owl while they sang Happy Birthday to him. I'm kind of mad I missed it considering I really like the food at Hooters and I didn't get to see that dance live. Yes, I am okay with the Hubby going to Hooters... those girls have nothing on me (even with a two pounder in my belly)! By the way as a birthday present- please vote for him!

Sunday was my dance recital (see #2 in About Me). Yes, I danced at nearly 7 months pregnant! I wasn't sure if I would be able to do it, but I did and my costume fit! I tried to siphon the pics from the dress rehearsal from my brother but I have yet to complete that task :( Once I do I may be so inclined to share since a pregnant dancer is about as unusual as taking snow to the north pole.

Then it happened. After all the hullabaloo died down, it hit me. I felt a little bothered on Saturday but I ignored it since my big day was the next day but it's official... I have a summer cold. I HATE summer colds. You want to curl up under a blanket but then you have to turn on the AC so you don't over heat! You want to drink some hot tea but then after too sips your body is like WTH! Add a pregnancy on top of all this and you're like "Jesus, take the wheel!" I also had a fever of 100.5- the threshold is 100.4. So I called the on call doctor and he told me to take Tylenol every 6 hours. I also had heartburn. All-in-all last night sucked!

So here I am on Monday- home sick from work and still nursing a cold. My temperature came down to 99.75 so it did break and I am thankful for that. My hubby cooked for me last night so I have plenty of food for the day and my mom works no more than a half a mile from where I live so I have help and food if necessary. If I can keep myself upright long enough I want to take a moment and start my baby's scrapbook. I feel like the longer I wait then it may never get done (kind of like my wedding scrapbook).

Here's to a great weekend with a kind of crappy ending!


photo credits

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts.... Right here is good.

I respond to ALL comments- by email. Don't be a no-reply commenter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
X