Thursday, June 23, 2011

29 weeks!

Tuesday after work, I went over to Home Depot to look at paint samples for the baby's room. I am trying to kick my butt into high gear. I love this nursery and I am using it as my design inspiration. I like that the 'bones' of the room are gender neutral and I can add splashes of anything once baby develops likes/dislikes and we know the sex. From Looney Tunes to Disney or purple to blue- this room works! Once I decide on a color we probably won't start painting until sometime next month- especially because I have yet to clean out the room.


 Having a baby prematurely is frightening, no doubt. But here's a reason to relax: Due to the impressive advancements of medical technology, if your baby is born this week, s/he'd have a 9 out of 10 chance of survival, which is seriously great news. Other awesome developments:

Baby's brain can now control his/her breathing and body temperature. She can also cough, and his/her sucking abilities have been perfected. Look out, boobs!

Your mini's skin is looking less wrinkled as s/he packs on the pounds. S/he's starting to look more like a Pampers model and less like a Depends model. S/he's now beefing up on the energizing and insulating white fat s/he'll be born with (unfortunately, white fat is not energizing and insulating for adults!).

And speaking of energy, your little Energizer Bunny is on fire these days. You're sure to feel your share of kicks, punches and elbows, especially when you're lying down. You might want to start keeping a kick chart to monitor your baby's movements, and also to later show your 13-year-old child what you endured for him or her. Ask your doctor how to count kicks and how often you should do it.

This week your baby is a little over 15 inches long—about the length of a loaf of bread—and weighs about 3 pounds, as much as a Macbook Air laptop.

Pregnancy: 29 weeks


Gender: Team Green

Name: Undecided

Weight Gain: Well, I'm thinking it will be the same as my last doctor's appointment, but with a baby estimated to be three whole pounds now (OMG!) who knows!

Sleep: I got my HEPA filter! Is there a difference- yes. It is psychological- probably. I can't believe how often one has to dust in order to breathe easy. I'm not sure how my mom did it.

Feeling: More heartburn. Some days are good some days are bad... it woke me up in the middle of Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. Then on Wednesday while at work it struck again :(

Health: You know, I forgot to go for my GTT (glucose tolerance test). I'm pretty sure I need to get on this like- yesterday. 

Movement: I think baby reacts to my husband's voice. Really! It may be because baby is really active at night and that's when my husband and I tend to have time to ourselves, but I like to think baby knows daddy's voice. I also want to start reading to baby more. I've never been much of an out loud reader and by time I'm finished with the day's domestic duties after work I usually plop on the couch or bed and fall asleep. I have to be more diligent about this.

Belly: see below

Next appointment: Tomorrow!

Against my better judgement here's a bare belly shot (taken at 28 weeks 4 days)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts.... Right here is good.

I respond to ALL comments- by email. Don't be a no-reply commenter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
X