Thursday, June 2, 2011

26 weeks!

Apart from this morning's tirade... I'm doing good :) I'm slowly starting to attack my to do list and tomorrow we have appointments at some day care centers near where we work.


According to Baby Center:

The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches an English hothouse cucumber from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.

Pregnancy: 26 weeks!

Weight Gain: Uh... I think I'm gaining more. The stupid home scale is so flaky I just rather wait for the doctors office scale.

Sleep: I have had a couple of rough nights. I'm back to not being able to get comfortable and every once in a while my hips will go numb :(

Gender: Team Green

Name: My husband asked the baby the other day what did s/he want her or his name to be... the baby didn't answer, lol! But... my husbands co worker has found an iPhone app where you supposedly put the phone next to the belly where the baby is and when the baby moves it hits the phone there by signaling the "app" to spin and then "it" lands on a name... I wonder how many people have tried this... his co-workers wanted me to promptly come over and try this... I did not.

Feeling: Back to sleepy. Since my sleep patterns are changing so is my feeling. I really wish I could go to sleep right now... you have no idea.

Health: Good despite sleep issues. I generally have nothing to complain about except my back but what's new?

Movement: I don't think feeling the baby move will ever get old. Although at times I have to wonder what this child is doing in there. From getting kicked in the crotch to the subtle 'change of position' movement I love it all! Once my baby gets on the outside it will probably be a different story!

Belly: I feel like some days I look bigger than others. Of course this would depend on how the baby is positioned inside but something are noticeable different.. like trying to squeeze into the bathroom stall at work. I am not sure why it's designed like this but in one of the two stalls the door opens into the toilet, so when you step into it you have to turn sideways in order to shut the door... clearly the pregnant weren't considered in THAT design.

Next Appointment:  June 9.

P.S. I am still super nervous that this week is the last week of my second trimester... sigh! Not only am I in double digits in the countdown to my due date but I'm starting the last trimester soon!!!! YIKES!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts.... Right here is good.

I respond to ALL comments- by email. Don't be a no-reply commenter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
X