Sunday, July 31, 2011

Week In Review


I can't believe I actually have the opportunity to post on a Sunday...

Since I didn't get to do my Weekend Wrap-Up post last week (because I have been super busy) I'm going to do a week in review post.

Last Saturday I met a friend of mine for brunch. She's recently engaged and of course very excited. We don't get to see each other much because we both lead very busy lives so it was great to stop and make time for each other, catch up, and be girly girls! Lots of giggling, eating, and some window shopping was thrown in. I was very honored that she wanted my take on planning a wedding. We have very different styles but I think I was able to give pretty good feedback about handling other people’s opinions, competitive friends, and creating the day of your dreams! I am super excited for her and her fiancé and I know her wedding day will be filled with fun, love, and good times.

After brunch I attended the Women's luncheon for the Women's group at my church. While I am not a part of the Women's group per say I like going to fellowship and learn from other Christian women. I feel like we are bombarded with too much mumbo-jumbo that it's good to be surrounded and grounded by those who share your beliefs and {for the most part} lifestyle. One day in the very distant future I plan on joining the Women's group as a full member- attending meetings, planning events, etc. - but for now I am taking in all the advice, stories, trials, and tribulations of good Christian women that have come before me. We went to a local Italian restaurant and had salad, broccoli, salmon, sausage and peppers, and stuffed mushrooms- just to name a few- served buffet style.

Right after the luncheon (which I attended with my mom) we raced over to the furniture store to meet my dad and hubby before they closed. We made it with 5 minutes to spare. We were able to order the baby's crib and dresser and it's in stock and ready for us to pick it up! By this time I was getting exhausted and I have no idea what happened Saturday night. Sunday night pretty much follows suit- after church who knows what we did…

On Monday we received some awesome news… the second baby expected in our family was born! {I can’t find my blogger post about this}This is so exciting. I love seeing our extended family grow and continue on. This summer’s baby #2 is a boy! That brings the baby boy count up to 2 and everyone is wondering if our little bundle of joy is going to continue the trend or break the mold J

On Tuesday we attended the last installment (maybe) of classes we registered for to prepare for our little one. The rest of the week went by in a haze… wake up, go to work, get home, relax, eat, sleep- rinse and repeat. Friday brought in a whole new set of fun and I can’t wait to tell you about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts.... Right here is good.

I respond to ALL comments- by email. Don't be a no-reply commenter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
X