Thursday, July 7, 2011

31 weeks!

This nervous feeling never goes away. My weekly countdown is now in the single digits, for real! I had a doctor's appointment this morning and all is well. We discussed who would deliver my baby, cord blood banking, and more! In case you didn't know, there are 3 doctors in the practice. I asked the nurse today how do they determine who goes to the hospital when and she broke it down for me. The only thing I am a little leary about it the weekend schedule. If I were to deliver on a weekend any on call doctor could deliver the baby- and I am just not happy with that. She did state that my doctor would do membrane stripping to sort of help labor get started but a) that may not work and b) I'm really not into intervening unless medically necessary to start labor. My doctor did however agree that if all is well- once baby comes out they will wiped him or her off a little and put baby on my chest and allow baby's cord to stop pulsating on it's own! I like that because more of the baby's cord blood can get circulated in his or her body. This makes me very happy.

Doesn't this baby look squished?! Anyway... According to babycenter.com:

photo courtesy of babycenter.com
This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. S/he can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his/her skin. S/he's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.



Pregnancy: 31 weeks!

Gender: Team Green

Name: Undecided

Weight Gain: I lost a pound (or 2!)- I can't believe it. I think that last weight check-in was a fluke.

Sleep: My husband isn't getting any... poor guy.

Feeling: Tired and winded. But I love it when the little one stretches and takes my breath away =)

Health: My blood pressure was 120/68. This is really good considering. I do have to get a lot better with drinking water.

Movement: Baby is definitely more active at times. The doctor showed me where baby's body parts are and it turns out that last night hubby was talking to the baby's feet!
 
Belly: Big.

Next appointment: July 21st. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts.... Right here is good.

I respond to ALL comments- by email. Don't be a no-reply commenter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
X