Thursday, July 21, 2011

33 weeks!

I feel like Thursdays come way too fast now. While I want to meet and see my baby and get to know him or her- I don't want my little one out yet. My baby doesn't cry, is always comfy and fed and I like it like that! Last night baby was playing so hard that I thought I would never fall asleep! I had to have my husband witness this and he couldn't believe how strong he or she has gotten- he's so excited to meet little one too!

According to The Bump: Baby is now the size of a honeydew! Things are heating up inside as well: Baby may grow up to a full inch this week alone, and his or her brain is developing like crazy. Pretty soon, s/he'll be able to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing. Also, his or her bones are hardening, and s/he's started to keep his or her eyes open when s/he's awake.

According to Baby Center: This week your baby weighs a little over 4 pounds and has passed the 17-inch mark. S/He's rapidly losing that wrinkled, alien look and his skeleton is hardening. The bones in his skull aren't fused together, which allows them to move and slightly overlap, thus making it easier for him or her to fit through the birth canal. (The pressure on the head during birth is so intense that many babies are born with a cone head-like appearance.) These bones don't entirely fuse until early adulthood, so they can grow as his brain and other tissue expands during infancy and childhood.


Pregnancy: 33 weeks

Gender: Team Green

Name:

Weight Gain: 3 more pounds from the last doctor's appointment bringing the total to 17 pounds of pregnancy weight.

Sleep: All week this has been a harrowing task. I feel like it takes forever for me to get into a comfortable position. The baby also like to play around for a while when I lay down so it's a little distracting feeling the baby doing his or her thing cause I like to lay awake and enjoy it. Hubby usually comes to my rescue and rubs my back so I can feel better and fall asleep faster.

Feeling: Sluggish. I did get to the gym on Monday and that was great! I haven't worked out in about 4 weeks and I needed this. I only ran into two problems- the first it was so difficult to get my sneakers on I had to take a break before I started my workout and two our local heatwave has not made it possible for me to want to work out again. I just want to be in the air conditioned indoors with lots of water. I am also afraid of getting swelling and also getting over heated so I'm going to say it's better to be safe than sorry.

Health: It's wonderful! At today's doctor's appointment my blood pressure measure 110/60- it can not get better than that... no pre-e for me! I honestly thought this was going to be an issue for me because my diet isn't exactly the best and most of the people in my family are on blood pressure meds. My fundal height was right on target at 33 inches, baby's heart rate was in the 130's and according to my doctor my GTT results came back "100 % normal"! I've also increased my water intake and my plan is to try to stay on track.

Movement: Lots! My little bit is not a lazy one (not like his or her mama). I read on one of my pregnancy apps (yes I have more than one!) that I will probably feel little bit's feet get caught in my ribs... and I do. Most of the time it's not painful- just uncomfortable. I can also feel when the baby "rolls". It's a weird feeling at times.

Belly: I said this already but my fundal height is on target. There are times when I feel absolutely huge and other times I feel like I am carrying a neat little ball in front of me. I guess it all depends on what position the baby is laying.

Next appointment: August 1st. It's a few days early because we will be traveling for my family reunion but I also get an ULTRASOUND!!! I am so freaking excited because I haven't seen our baby since about 18 weeks. The only thing that has kept me sane is feeling my baby- but imagine if you when without seeing your child for 17 weeks (if you have children)! And college students do not count... I mean little infant babies. Exactly! you would loose your mind too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts.... Right here is good.

I respond to ALL comments- by email. Don't be a no-reply commenter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
X