Thursday, July 28, 2011

34 weeks!

I am so tired and at times I feel so heavy. I'm sure it's partly to do with the fact that I was up on the computer last night. But that was only because I felt like I couldn't sleep. I've always been a night owl. According to my parents, I used to fight in order to not go to sleep at night. I feel like this one is developing the same pattern. I just hope my baby will want to entertain themselves all night while mom and dad gets rest.


According to The Bump: Baby can recognize and react to simple songs... time to start practicing your lullabies! In fact, baby will recognize frequently sung tunes after birth and probably find them soothing. less cute news: She now urinates about one pint per day. Get the diapers ready!
According to Baby Center: Your baby now weighs about 4 3/4 pounds (like your average cantaloupe) and is almost 18 inches long. His/her fat layers — which will help regulate his/her body temperature once s/he's born — are filling him/her out, making him/her rounder. Baby's skin is also smoother than ever. The central nervous system is maturing and lungs are continuing to mature as well. If you've been nervous about preterm labor, you'll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine. They may need a short stay in the neonatal nursery and may have a few short-term health issues, but in the long run, they usually do as well as full-term babies.


Pregnancy: 34 weeks!

Gender: Team Green

Name: One day while out at dinner we decided we weren't going to leave the table until we had a concrete name. Then the restaurant closed...

Weight Gain: I'm uncomfortable with my 17 pound gain- but what are you gonna do?! Baby needs it. I think what bums me out the most is that after baby comes - I'll actually have to work out!

Sleep: *rolls eyes*

Feeling: Overwhelmed. Tired. Round.

Health: My only reassurance that I am not losing my mind are my doctor's appointments stats. Maybe it's because I have fallen off my water drinking wagon :/

Movement: O yea! On more than one occasion I felt baby move with purpose when my husband walked into the room and started talking. I am convinced that baby recognizes daddy's voice and reacts!

Belly: Last night while it was on my mind I measured the circumference of my belly. 40 inches... whoa!

Next appointment: 5 more days! so excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts.... Right here is good.

I respond to ALL comments- by email. Don't be a no-reply commenter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
X