Thursday, March 31, 2011

17 weeks!

How can time fly and come to a crawl at the same time?? Get pregnant.

I can't believe how far along we've come and how much more we have to go. I feel like last week we just found out and now I am not too far from half-way along! I also feel like September is so far away, yet I don't have enough time to get prepared!

Baby's now the size of an onion! Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. His umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes now feature one-of-a-kind prints.

Though increased blood flow is good for baby, it might be making you a little...damp. Body secretions (think sweat, mucus, nosebleeds, and vaginal discharge) are in full force. This week might also mark the first time you feel baby move inside you, but don't worry if it's another two months before you notice anything. (Or realize that this time, it's actually not gas.)


Here's the progress so far:


Pregnancy: 17 weeks

Weight Gain: Still at starting weight. I'm rocking and rolling with the weight taken at the doctors office a mere week ago. My scale at home is a 3 pound (lighter) difference for what the doctor reports- but I'm ok with that.

Sleep: Hmph!

Gender: Team Green

Name: Still throwing around ideas.

Feeling: I really don't like complaining about it but I am still freaking tired! I think it now it has less to do with the pregnancy and more to do with my inability to get a good night's sleep.

Health: Backaches still exist but it's improving. I'm not as diligent with my pelvic exercises but they are beneficial.

Movement: Who knows what's going on in there... I don't. I look forward to the day when I can tell gas from hunger from baby.

Belly: I forgot to get mom's measuring tape. On top of that I haven't done laundry in a minute so my only 4 pairs of comfy/maternity pants are in the hamper :( I tried stuffing myself into my baggiest work pants today, along with my Beband and the band gave up and laughed at me. Weekend laundry and some shopping it is! 

Next Appointment:  Level II ultrasound is April 18 and 20 week appointment is April 22. 

Sorry folks, no picture this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts.... Right here is good.

I respond to ALL comments- by email. Don't be a no-reply commenter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
X