Friday, March 4, 2011

13 weeks!

We've reached another milestone!

We are almost done with the first trimester. I'm so excited! According to The Bump, our little one is forming teeth and vocal cords and is about the size of a peach :) Baby Center, where this photo is  from, reports that at 13 weeks weeks, fingerprints have formed. It is so so exciting to see how baby grows each week.

photo courtesy of baby center
So, I'm trying out my belly update questions. I may change them- I'm not really sure if I'll keep this but it's worth trying it out:

Pregnancy: 13 weeks (I'm not quite ready for the public belly pics just yet)

Weight Gain: 1 pound

Sleep: Getting better. Last night I didn't get up to go to the bathroom!

Gender: Team Green

Name: not picked out yet

Feeling: Still a little lethargic. I also feel extremely bloated still.

Health: So far, so good, although I've been experiencing back aches during the day. Most of the time once I'm home it subsides, but not always.

Movement: Not yet, but I can't wait!

Belly: Pokes out! I sometimes think I look more pregnant than I am, but I am sure it is mostly bloat. No stretch marks- and hopefully it stays that way.

Next Appointment: March 24... 20 more days :( I feel like it is so far away. I am aware that infrequent appointments are a good thing, so I'm counting my blessings. At our last appointment my doctor told me if I felt like seeing the baby I could come in at anytime- just call and I can come in. That's a relief, but I am going to try to stick it out as much as possible. I am sure there are women who have real emergencies so, I'll leave the doctor's time to them.

Finally, I made the big announcement to the rest of my co-workers today. While I wanted to wait until now to tell them, I am glad the cat is out of the bag :) While I work with a great group of people, I think now they will be more appreciative of my frequent trips to the bathroom and food breaks now that there is a reason to go with it. Surprisingly work was the only place where I didn't get the third degree about weight gain, bloating, and the likes. We are all very busy professionally and personally to notice anyone else's weight gain, but it was nice to have a break from the constant questioning.

This weekend should be pretty easy going for me. I am looking forward to dinner with my family. Hope you all enjoy your weekend!

The Mrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts.... Right here is good.

I respond to ALL comments- by email. Don't be a no-reply commenter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
X