Thursday, August 18, 2011

37 Weeks!

I am now considered full term in my pregnancy!!!


According to The Bump.com: Today brings two beautiful words:full-term. Now, whenever baby's born, s/he's likely to thrive. Also thriving? Your nesting instincts, which is behind those sudden urges to bake, clean, or embroider a onsie. (feminists, take your issue up with nature, not with us.) Your full-term (yay!) baby is gaining about 1/2 ounce a day and getting his first sticky poop (called meconium) ready. He's also brushing up on skills for the outside world: blinking, sucking, inhaling, exhaling, and gripping (it's getting strong!).

According to Baby Center: Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his or her lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. So if you're planning to have a repeat c-section, for example, your practitioner will schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there's a medical reason to intervene earlier.) Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.

Pregnancy: 37 weeks!

Gender: Team Green

Name: Still not interested in finalizing a name.

Weight Gain: I get another weigh in tomorrow. I'm thinking it's still going to a big weight gain. I feel very heavy 

Sleep: I'm back to getting numb whenever I stay in one position too long. And it take the force of God for me to shift my weight or change positions in the middle of the night... I'm big.

Feeling: Still sore, still tired. I'm dealing with it though. Sometimes it's manageable. My half day work days are really helpful because I go home and go to sleep.

Health: Good. Last week's appointment went pretty well. I'm not yet dilated so I felt a whole lot better knowing that baby wanted to be in the a little while longer.

Movement: Sometimes it looks like baby is busting outta there! My belly contorts in ways I'd never thing it could. I try to catch it on camera but everytime I push record baby stops.

Belly: I can't believe how big.

Next Appointment: Tomorrow! I'd never thought I'd be so excited to go to the doctor. I love checking on this little one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts.... Right here is good.

I respond to ALL comments- by email. Don't be a no-reply commenter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
X