Thursday, August 4, 2011

35 weeks!

Today is known as another milestone in the pregnancy community. Today I'm 35/35!






















That's 35 weeks along and 35 days to go....So, we only have a mere 5 weeks to make sure everything is in order and that's if my baby wants to wait until his or her due date or after to make an appearance. Baby will be full term in two weeks so really anytime after that is fair game. I had a doctor's appointment on Monday before we left for our trip (details below) and everything is still going well and I know that could change in a split second- I don't think baby will be making any early appearances.


According to BabyCenter.com: Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now. He or she is over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds- about the size of a large honeydew!
Because he or she is so snug in your womb, your baby isn't likely to be doing dramatic somersaults anymore, but the number of movements you feel should remain about the same. Your baby's kidney's are fully developed now, and his or her liver can process some waste products. Basic physical development is now mostly complete- your baby's main job over the next few weeks is to put on weight.



Pregnancy: 35 weeks!

Gender: I had an ultrasound at Monday's appointment- the doctor knows but we still don't.

Name: Honestly- I am not interested in finalizing a name until baby gets here. In most cultures you can't name the baby until s/he is born anyway, so why should we rush?! Other cultures name their baby based on the circumstance surrounding the birth (such as which day of the week baby is born on or if there was a difficult labor, etc.) so maybe something will happen on baby's birthday that may inspire a name.

Weight Gain: I lost a pound since my last appointment so now I am at +16 pounds total. However my thighs look like they have gained 16 pounds each...smh!

Sleep: O dear lord... For the last two nights I haven't slept at home so I think that has added a bit of stress to this situation. I have such difficulty getting comfortable enough to fall asleep. I can be absolutely dead tired but I toss and turn and get up and down for at least an hour before I actually fall asleep and that's annoying. Last night I ended up piling up a bunch of pillows behind me so I slept in a semi reclining position.

Feeling: I have good moments and not so great moments throughout the day. I am just thankful that I am not downright miserable!

Health: Excellent! My last BP was 100/62. Doctor said that's excellent but I also know from my days as a medical professional that too low isn't good either. Swelling seems to only happen intermittently and seriously- when I do the dishes my legs start to tingle a bit. No, I'm serious. I don't mind doing the dishes cause right now my husband and I don't generate a lot but that tingly sensation is bothersome so I don't make dish washing a daily habit.

Movement: Lots!, and I can tell baby is growing cause not only are movements getting stronger but I swear I felt a foot in my side the other day- my way side, where I've never felt it before.

Belly: Woah!

Next Appointment: 2 more weeks. This weeks appointment was early so I have to wait a few extra days to get back on schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts.... Right here is good.

I respond to ALL comments- by email. Don't be a no-reply commenter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
X