Thursday, August 11, 2011

36 weeks!

9 months! I can't believe I begin my 9th and final month today!


Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. S/he now weighs almost 6 pounds and is more than 18 1/2 inches long. S/he's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered his/her body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected her skin during his/her nine-month amniotic bath. Your baby swallows both of these substances, along with other secretions, resulting in a blackish mixture, called meconium, will form the contents of her/his first bowel movement.
At the end of this week, your baby will be considered full-term. (Full-term is 37 to 42 weeks; babies born before 37 weeks are pre-term and those born after 42 are post-term.) Most likely s/he's in a head-down position. But if s/he isn't, your practitioner may suggest scheduling an "external cephalic version," which is a fancy way of saying s/he'll try to coax your baby into a head-down position by manipulating his/her from the outside of your belly.


Pregnancy: 36 weeks!

Gender: Team Green

Name: Still not interested in finalizing a name.

Weight Gain: I cannot believe how well I have been doing with staying on track. I was watching Tia & Tamera last night and Tia said at that particular point in her pregnancy she had gained 50 pounds. I think she is still super pretty but I would definitely be on freakout if I had reached a 50 pound weight gain.


Sleep: *rolls eyes*

Feeling: I am so sore. At times I feel like I have been working out for hours straight. My body MUST be preparing for childbirth because my pelvis hurts! I am also sleepy at the most random times throughout the day. One minute I'm okay and then the next I feel like I am just going to fall asleep right where I am- even in line at the store!

Health: Good I guess. Every few hours once in a while I have a freak out moment about the baby coming early- so I scheduled another appointment with my doctor.

Movement: I feel this little one moving and rolling and twisting and turning. I hope baby is comfy in there!

Belly: Woah!

Next Appointment: Tomorrow! I couldn't wait another week to see how things are going. I also think I want to start my disability leave sooner rather than later- depending on what she says tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts.... Right here is good.

I respond to ALL comments- by email. Don't be a no-reply commenter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
X