Thursday, May 5, 2011

22 weeks!



Another week done! I feel like I should be celebrating Cinco De Mayo with the rest of the world... but I'm not :( I have so much stuff to get done I couldn't quite possibly celebrate anything(except another week of pregnancy). Needless to say- I can't wait til the weekend. So here's our weekly progress:


Real estate within your belly is getting tight, with growing baby leaving little room for your lungs to...well...breathe. Expect the huffing and puffing to start soon. There's not much room for your belly button, either -- it'll pop out any day now.


Baby's now the size of a papaya!
Baby's settling into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when -- just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop.


Pregnancy: 22 weeks

Weight Gain: At my appointment last week my reported weight gain was 5 pounds! Good news right. So I had a pound a week jump from my last appointment and hopefully it stays that way.

Sleep: My husband complains that I snore terribly (sorry sweetie). I think it has a lot to do with my allergies. I have all sorts of issues with the connections in my sinuses and this time of year isn't always best for me. At my last ENT appointment I was put on steroids to reduce the inflammation of my sinuses... yeah not fun at all.
Gender: Team Green

Name: So it's looking like we've decided, but we are not sharing. We need flexibility to change our minds and the less opinions the better.

Feeling: Pretty crappy due to allergies. At one point I was at the mall with my husband and we walked into GNC and I had to walk right back out. I have no idea what was in there that set me off but it was no fun sitting outside of the store... alone... waiting for husband. Now I know how men must feel when they accompany women who are shoe shopping.

Health: My heart burn has improved! In fact I can't remember the last time I felt it. However, my back is back to hurting. It's like if it isn't one thing it's another. Ah well, I'm sure it could be worse.

Movement: YES!!!! and I love feeling it. It's like this baby has a mind of it's own. I haven't learned exactly what is what- like is the baby moving because it's trying to get comfortable or if the baby playing around in there.

Belly: Last week when I didn't post- I did measure and it was 36 7/8 inches. So there was 0.375 inches of growth in 2 weeks (no wonder you can never "see" a difference until you have a reference point from the distant past). Today, I didn't remember. So maybe we will have another measurement next week.

Next Appointment:  Next week!!! So, at my last appointment my doctor say I have to come in every three weeks now...squeee!! From weeks 8 through 20 her practice does every four weeks. After which the appointments increase in frequency. I forgot how long I have to do three weeks but either way I get to check on him/her more often!


1 comment:

  1. Congrats on feeling Baby K move! That has to be a mesmorizing experience!!! Hope you feel better soon. PS I don't remember you snoring in Freeman!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts.... Right here is good.

I respond to ALL comments- by email. Don't be a no-reply commenter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
X