Thursday, September 12, 2013

Birthday on Birthdate

Birthday week continues with more recapping of our celebrations... I told you first birthdays are a big deal.

So on the day of his actual birthdate, we did a bit of minor celebrating.

Honestly, I couldn't believe a year had passed. I survived my first year of parenthood and had a healthy, happy baby to show for it. I woke up that morning feeling grateful and in awe. We still had to get ready for church but I took a peaceful and quite moment to Thank God for one of my greatest blessings. I was counting down the minutes until 10:08 am when my little guy would officially turn one. At the moment the clock struck 10:08 I scooped him up in my arms and sang Happy Birthday to him. Then I cried. It was a joyous moment for me reflecting on his birthday and how it had gotten a little scary for a bit but we made it through.

I think I sang Happy Birthday to him 20 more times that day.


At church that day, there was a special function
... Men's Day actually. So after service there was fellowship and food so we shared the bottom tier of his birthday cake.... everyone LOVED it.

After church we headed back home for the afternoon. My parents and brother came over and so did my Aunt and cousin. We sang happy birthday to him once more and ate more cake. He was so sleepy at his party that he barely touched his smash cake so we let him have at it again. I think he was also a little more comfortable because there wasn't 50 people staring back at him.

After he got cake all over the place he opened a few of his presents. We were getting ready to move in less than 2 weeks so I reserved most of his gifts for our new house. He enjoyed ripping the paper more than the idea of getting a new toy.


The rest of the night we hung out with my family and stuffed our faces with food and left over birthday cake & cupcakes. I was so emotional the rest of the day that it almost becomes a blur.

Baby Boy,

I am so grateful for the blessing that God placed your in our lives. Somedays I still can't believe you're here and you're ours! You have been an absolute joy to have and I love to see your grow and thrive. Motherhood isn't always easy but not only do you make it worth it but I can't wait to see what the years to come will bring.

Love you to bits,

Momma


1 comment:

Let me know your thoughts.... Right here is good.

I respond to ALL comments- by email. Don't be a no-reply commenter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
X