Thursday, September 1, 2011

39 weeks!

I made it another week! Although my husband isn't very happy about this. This means I officially have a September baby :) Now wouldn't it be ironic if I went into labor on labor day?!

Today is also the official start of my maternity leave. So far all I've done was have breakfast, go to the doctor, then have lunch. I'm really worried about getting complacent laying on the couch and getting comfortable doing nothing. Don't get me wrong- there's still stuff to be done around here but I'll say "o, I can do it later, I don't have to go to work!"

So, let's talk about progress:


Your baby's waiting to greet the world! S/he continues to build a layer of fat to help control his body temperature after birth, but it's likely he already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, about the size of a mini watermelon. (Boys tend to be slightly heavier than girls.) The outer layers of his skin are sloughing off as new skin forms underneath.






So, what's next? Well this weekend one of the doctor's in the practice is on call- so that's good should my baby decided to make an appearance. If no baby by my due date? Then they are going to do another sonogram to make sure baby is doing okay in there. So we wait.

Pregnancy: 39 weeks!

Gender: Team Green

Name: Ehhh.

Weight Gain: At last week's appointment my weight was the same. This week I gained a pound. So I think I can surmise that I have gained 23 pounds. I mean I could gain or lose by baby's due date but 23 is a good number.

Sleep: I am having the most vivid dreams ever! They are usually about things that worry me and it's so vivid I wake up worried at times. I imagine I should enjoy sleeping long enough to have dreams.

Feeling: Pretty good. I really thought at this point I would be like many other pregnant women like "get this baby out!" but I'm not.

Health: My BP is still great. My breath still gets taken away but nothing serious.

Movement: Baby seems to be snuggling in tighter, rather than making his or her way out.

Belly: Itchy like crazy. This is really beginning to get on my nerves. Whether I ignore it or scratch it- the itch will not go away. It is really the most uncomfortable thing about my life right now. I'm trying to moisturize as much as possible. I've even taken to getting EVOO right out of the kitchen and slathering it on my belly. It doesn't relieve itch but I don't have any new stretch marks!

Next Appointment: I had an appointment earlier so the next one is next week. I'm due in exactly one week so we will see. My husband is desperately hoping that appointment will be canceled.

3 comments:

  1. My midwife told me that dance, doing hip movements can help the baby come down and read for labor so you can try that. That will be another way to keep fit and not let your energy go low when is time for the labor.

    Fingers cross the baby will come very soon :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your doing so well. Your little one will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay September Baby! I'm super excited, I'm already planning to make a trip up to see "her" in person in December when I'm home!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts.... Right here is good.

I respond to ALL comments- by email. Don't be a no-reply commenter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
X