Friday, May 8, 2015

Random thoughts from months gone by

Disclaimer: This was written in October 2014. That will explain some of the confusing references like December events and apple orchards.
Recently, a couple of things happened that made me feel kind of crappy. I hate that I can get so affected by other people's actions/decisions. I'm trying to look on the brighter side of things though and it helps.
An extended family member sold my Uncle's house. Now don't get me wrong- she had every right to do so and was the best decision for her family, I just wish she would've told us me before she did it. I'm also not saying that she has to reported her decisions to us but it would've been nice to have the opportunity to buy it and keep in in the family. I know this makes zero sense to anyone who is reading this but I loved that house and definitely would've like to have it. I keep telling myself that it wasn't meant for it to stay in the family but I really had high hopes and dreams of making that my vacation home. I think I sound kind of bratty but I don't have the time or energy for a full back story to help everyone understand.
Not too far from the house. We used to walk here often.
This is kind of embarrassing to admit... out loud but I get a little pang of jealousy every time sometime makes a pregnancy announcement. I had to endure yet another one on the eve of Pregnancy & Infant Loss awareness day. I am incredibly happy for this couple (I actually love the excitement of the pending arrival of a new baby) but I can't help but to think that I don't get to share in that joy and excitement still. The bright side is that I get to have fun shopping for a few upcoming baby showers. It's like a movie preview for me- one day that'll be me...again. Yea, I know I'm backwards.
A good family/church friend of ours unexpectedly passed away not too many Sunday's ago . While she was an older lady (in her 70's I believe) she seemed to be in good health. Of course all we know is what she chose to disclose but still. It shocked a lot of people to the core. This lady was one of the first caregivers I chose for my son when I had to go back to work. She was a caregiver to so many of the children at our church and some of their little minds were saddened by the fact that they wouldn't be able to see her again. The last time I saw her was September 21. I had absolutely, positively no idea at all that it would in fact be the last time. She was leading a church event scheduled to take place on December 6. That certainly puts things in perspective- your future is not promised.
And because I don't want this post to be a total bummer... I am going out of town in a couple of weeks... without my son and husband. Let me tell y'all! I haven't gone anywhere solo since my senior year in college. That was a long time ago. Initially I wasn't looking forward to it. I don't think I've ever been away from my son for more than 24 hours. But my husband put it to me this way- it'll give me time to recharge from being wife and mommy.


I am so ready for the weekend. Last weekend was so much fun, I think we need a low key weekend. I plan to get a little shopping done and try to convince my husband that we should go back to the apple orchard. They are having something cool there for the kids and I think my son would like it. Plus, we need to re-carve some pumpkins. Because pumpkins are actual food, they rot when you sit them outside. It's time to ditch the rotting ones and get something fresh up for Halloween. And of course the usual housework and family time. I pretty much live for the weekends
 photo fmtmsig-1.png

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are blogging again...I know the announcements can be hard but I love your attitude about sharing in the person's joy and making it a memorable moment for time!! Hope
    You have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts.... Right here is good.

I respond to ALL comments- by email. Don't be a no-reply commenter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
X