Sunday, December 30, 2012

2012 recap survey

I got this survey from Dani and I thought it would be a cute way to recap my year so here goes...


1. What did you do in 2012 that you’d never done before?
The biggest thing I did (as far as I can remember) is appear on TV!! I made an appearance on the doctor Oz show and it was fun!

 
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I purposefully didn't make any new year's resolutions. It always fizzles out by Feb/Mar. I do think I am going to revisit this though and make a few goals for 2013.
 
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes! One of my best friends gave birth to a beautiful baby boy after some pretty scary times.

 
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes :( We had a couple of deaths in the family (a by-product of having a huge family) but this one was close and saddened me the most.
 
 
5. Did you visit anywhere exciting?
For the past couple of years we have been lucky enough to be able to take about 2-3 out of state trips per year. 2012's most exciting trip was to Arizona which also happen to be my baby's first plane ride!! We also went to Philadelphia for my family's annual family reunion. Sadly, I didn't recap that at all here- there are probably more pictures of that trip on Instagram.

 
6. What would you like to have in 2013 that you lacked in 2012?
Hmmm, this is a tough one. Maybe a viable pregnancy?? Although, I'm not quite sure if we are ready for number 2 yet.
 
 
7. What date from 2012 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
These questions are getting harder!! there is so much that happened this year that I don't think I could choose just one as there are a lot of significant dates that will remain etched in my memory.

So as I continued to answer the survey questions- I realized that my answer to this would be the day I walked out of my job and officially became a stay at home mom- my first task was picking up my son from his baby sitter's house and taking him to the doctor.

ok, maybe it might have been my very first Mother's Day with my baby on the outside. I just had a lot of significant things going on.

 
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
I feel like this is a little redundant but I think my television appearance was. I was so nervous and out of my comfort zone that I talked my self out of it and back into it quiet a few times.
 
9. What was your biggest mistake?
This question is difficult for me to answer because I usually don't see things as 'mistakes' per se. For me there is  a blessing in every lesson weather good or bad. You can always grow in your journey- I have no regrets or mistakes (so to speak).
 
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Nothing more than the common cold... I think...
 
11. What was the best thing you bought?
As of right now, I think my husband's Christmas present. Because I haven't recapped Christmas yet I will keep mum about it for now.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
I'm thinking my son. He's growing by leaps and bounds! I am completely impressed with what he's learned and what he can do. You really wouldn't understand this unless you have children of your own or work with children. Sometimes his breadth of understanding surprises me. I want to keep pushing him to embrace that.
 
 
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Quite a few, mostly family. The one drawback of having a large extended family is that personalities tend to clash a lot. I feel that some of my cousins have handled situations completely inappropriately to the point of shocking. I wouldn't say this behavior has made me depressed but more so disappointed- especially because there is no reason for 'all of that'. One of my cousins didn't even bother to show up for Thanksgiving OR Christmas. I feel like tomorrow is not promised and no matter what is said or done- it can be addressed in a respectful manner.
 
The thing is, if tragedy were to strike our family- even on the level of the Newton, Ct. shootings- tomorrow, I will be right with myself because I feel like I've made the most of my time spent on Earth as much as I can. I had the best time with my family over the holidays and I won't be boohooing over some one's grave 'wishing this' and 'wishing that'.
14. Where did most of your money go in 2011?
My son. I'm obsessed with baby products and probably spent way more than I needed to on them. However, I was extremely blessed to not need diapers for him until he was 11 months old. It's unbelievable. We were gifted so many diapers (and other items) at our shower that I still get teary eyed remembering all the love and support we had surrounding us. When my son was 10 months old Babies 'R Us had a sale on limited edition diapers that ended up being $5 per pack of 40 (or thereabouts) I stocked up then and find that our blessings continue.


15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Moving. Well, I was scared AND excited. One day you guys will get the remaining details about our move. My parents have lived in the same house for 25 years so apart from going to college- I didn't do much moving. This was HUGE.
16. What song will always remind you of 2012?
WHAT?! Don't you know that scent is the strongest scent tied to memory?? There are a lot of pretty good songs from 2012 however, I still need to consult my iPod for this one: Some Nights by Fun.

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
More prayerful. I feel like tragedy always strikes around the holidays. I think the uneasiness comes from the recent tragedies but I'm not taking any chances and keeping me and my family covered in prayer.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Maybe save more money? More couponing? No.... blog!! I feel like there are so many 'left out' stories from 2012. My main excuse is that I have the pictures from those events so it's not like they will be lost forever. There are also some things that made my son's baby book but maybe not on here... probably not. The point is I'd definitely like to blog more frequently in 2013.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Complaining. My eyes have recently been opened up to just how blessed I truly am. I am so grateful right now (in case you haven't noticed) it's insane!

20. How did you spend Christmas?
I'm really hoping that within the next week or two I get a chance to recap. My Christmas was AMAZING to say the very least. I got my Christmas wish and I am so grateful! I don't know how but I have to find the time to share with you all.

21. Did you fall in love in 2011?
If it's possible- I fell more in love with my husband. The lengths that he's gone through to take care of his family and make us happy is unbelievable. I think I made a good choice =)
22. What was your favorite TV program?
I continue to like Tia & Tamera. I'm relating to them more and more as they journey to and through motherhood, maintain relationships, and keep working!

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
I try my best and let those things go. People aggravate me often but I refuse to hate. If I need to hate a person then they aren't worth expending any emotion on them at all so I write them off and keep it moving. In 2013 instead of writing them off I will be praying for these sorts of people.
24. What was the best book you read?
I don't get to read much. But somehow I made time for 2 of the 3 part series of 50 shades of grey. It wasn't all that I had hoped for but I don't have any books to compare it to.

25. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Fun. They have released 2 singles so far and I love them both! Apparently they were a group before these 2 hits but sometimes the second time is a charm. I hope to hear more from them.
26. What did you want and get?
Away from my old job. I feel like they didn't value me or know (or appreciate) my worth. I wanted a way out and I got it.
27. What did you want and not get?
I need to come back to this.

28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Oh jeez, I turned 29 on 9/14 and I had a quite dinner at my parents home. The week before we had celebrate my son's first birthday and we were gearing up to move so I was happy that we were all together in the same room. I'm pretty sure I got some presents by these  guys just don't know how much it means to me when we are all together, drama free, and having fun.
29. What’s one thing that would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Finding a way to have significant cash flow while still being a stay at home mom.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2011?
Horrible! I've always been fashion challenged but when you add a baby into that (and being postpartum for any length of time) it gets worse.
31. What kept you sane?
Husband, parents, brother, son. Not necessarily in that order.
 
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Beyonce will probably always be at the top of this list. But I'm adding Tia & Tamera to it. I felt like all 3 ladies always remain classy and beautiful. They carry themselves very well.
 
33. What political issue stirred you the most?
The election. Too much bad mouthing. Too much over sharing. I believe in every one's right to vote- so let it be, no need to put someone else down for who they support.
34. Who do you miss the most?
My grandparents. I wish they could have been around to meet my son (and any future children I may have).
35. Who was the best new person you met?
Hmmm.
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2012?
I don't know. I'm sure there are plenty but I just can't think of anything specifically concrete.
37. What are your new years resolutions for 2013?
I don't like making resolutions- I don't like disappointing myself. However I do want to get healthier and loose some weight. Maybe I'll elaborate more at a later date. Back in September I made a list of things that I would like to do before my next birthday- I guess you can consider these resolutions?



Feel free to take the survey... let me know if you do!!

5 comments:

  1. I LOVE Some Nights as well. fun. has become my favorite band. Congrats on becoming a mommy. While I wasn't surprised with what was said about the election, I was a bit shocked with what some of my friends had to say--both black and white. I saddened me a bit, but I can always appreciate the truth.

    Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to do this questionnaire on my blog. Would you mind?

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a way to get to know you more. i love all the pictures of you and your adorable son. he is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an eventful and meaningful year you have had! This is a nice way to recap and reflect on where God has brought you from.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was GREAT! I would do it...but my excuse is we're already well into 2013. LOL! RE: #13, that was SO me for the past two years, I got so disgusted with a couple of cousins and like you said tragedy did indeed happen. After being irritated, resentful and then finally completely done with the situations, this year it all got better. Nearly EVERYONE (with the exception of an illness restricted aunt & daughter and one cousin who had to work) came to Christmas dinner and the annual cousin party we have was a huge success. It was so nice seeing and spending time with everyone, I was so filled with love and mostly grateful God had obviously touched a few hearts, people had grown up and matured and we were all enjoying each others' company! It gets better...I promise.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts.... Right here is good.

I respond to ALL comments- by email. Don't be a no-reply commenter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
X