Friday, October 11, 2013

My 2nd year favorites!

I know every mom has their personal faves about what works and what doesn't work for them- so I decided to share a few of my own! This isn't a comprehensive lists but these are my absolute faves that I'd thought I would pass along.




Little Quack counts. My son loves this book!
It was gifted to us at either our baby shower or his first birthday and I have been looking for the rest of the series every since. It's really helped him to be ale to count and we've read it so often that he know "reads" it by himself. I chose this for the 12 to 15 months age range because it's very simple, easy to read, and a great way to engage them while reading!

Training cup: Confession time. I normally share whatever I have with my son. Beverages included. This isn't a big deal because I'm usually drinking a kid appropriate drink like water or something so he's been dipping in my stuff for a while... a long while. he learned to drink out of straw very early and mastered the cup pretty quickly. I liked this cup because it is small enough for little hands to grip, easy for them to get liquid out and a cinch to clean!

Water proof labels: Since he started day care this year, I wanted any easy and identifiable way to label his items- because labeling is required ya know. I love these because they are highly customizable, great quality, and quick product turnaround. I've used them to label everything that he takes to school or any other place that he would be around other children where little items all look alike and get easily mixed up. They have value packs suited towards daycare, school, even camp!

Flash cards: Honestly, and flash cards will do. We've been using flash cards since 12 months (or thereabout) and he loves them! It's amazing how flash cards help them learn. We started out with 3 at a time then increased the number we would practice every few days until he memorized the entire deck. One day on one of our walks he shouted "flag!" and I looked up and sure enough someone had hung the American flag up outside their home. This came recommended form another mommy and I couldn't be more pleased with this purchase. We've already moved on to several more decks!

So there you have my top 5 product recs for toddlers 1-2 years old. Anybody have any suggestions for 2 through 3 year old's? Let me know in the comments below!

This post has been entered in

 photo fmtmsig-1.png

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts.... Right here is good.

I respond to ALL comments- by email. Don't be a no-reply commenter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
X