Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Weekend recap: Beach fun

While everyone was out enjoying their fall festivities we snuck away to the beach. Yes, I know- it's not ideal beach weather but we have to seize the opportunity when we can. It was our first and last trip to the beach this year.


Loading
Most people are going apple picking, to the pumpkin patches, and gearing up for Halloween. Not us. We finally made it to the beach!

A friend of ours invited a group of us down for the weekend- there was no way we could pass up a beach house on Cape Cod! We arrived first and made the most of our time while waiting for the rest of our friends. Last year when we all met up we were the last to arrive so this was a nice change of pace.
My plan was to have breakfast on the beach but we were so tired that we all slept in! So instead we had breakfast at the house then headed out to the beach.
We still had a great time. There is something to be said about a not-at-all-crowded beach, even if you can't get in the water. My little guy enjoyed running in the sand and collecting seashells. But his highlight was digging. It's the first thing he asked to do as soon as he saw the sand!
After a few hours of building sandcastles (that didn't look anything like a sandcastle so I'll spare you those photos) we headed back to the house for lunch. We had to stop at the grocery store to get food. It's funny how we all agreed that going out to eat just wasn't part of the agenda, we much preferred to enjoy simply being at the beach house.

whole steamed lobster
My favorite thing about New England is the seafood. I am a lover of all things seafood (well mostly all seafood) and I was so excited that hubby made lobster rolls. Because of my gluten strike I had lobster lettuce wrap but it was sooooo good. I wish I had another one right now. Also, I'm going to work on my food photography.
Our friends arrived not too much longer after lunch and that's when the fun began. And clearly there was some fun going on because I didn't pick up my camera again until it was time for us to leave. I did get a few pictures of our next day digging adventures but I thought I'd rather leave you with this.. Our attempt at a family picture on the beach. Clearly we need to work on our timing... 

 photo fmtmsig-1.png

3 comments:

  1. Looks like it was an awesome time. My family used to go to the cape way back when. Now most of us have moved away from Massachusetts so it's not so easy.
    Looking forward reading about the rest of your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love beaches that aren't crowded either but that often means that the weather is a little cooler. Sometimes you have to sacrifice for peace and quiet :)

    Give me that amazing seafood!

    I love the family picture, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for late Fall beach trips. I need to be hot on the beach but it sure looks like you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts.... Right here is good.

I respond to ALL comments- by email. Don't be a no-reply commenter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
X