Goals for this month:- Go back to work. Yea, you read that right. I can't find the words on how I feel about this. It's been an emotional roller coaster for me. Not the 'goingback to work' but finding childcare.
- Try 4 new recipes. That's one per week. Shouldn't be that hard... right?!
-Keep up my 3 a week schedule. Unless of course work gets in the way.
- get more camera practice in. If you follow me on Instagram you know that I received an awesome camera for Christmas (which I am going to bother to blog about one day). I have been using it to death since then but more so to capture our adventures. I want to get some practice in using manual mode and getting more beautiful lifestyle shots of my little guy and the awesome things around us.
- Clean the window and mirrors in the guest bedroom. Small steps.
- Make some additional progress on the little guy's baby books.
I'm grateful for:- My iPad. It has been instrumental in keeping my blogging on track. I used the blogger app to start posts when I can't be at my computer and this helps.
- Having heat. It's been crazy cold lately- like 1 degree cold.
-The unveiled wife. I have no idea how I found her but she came into my life for a reason. Being away from family, friends, and everything that I've been used to and PLUS be a SAHM with very little "me" time could certainly be a recipe for a strained relationship. She's very encouraging and mindful and I love seeing her prayers pop up in my news feed. I snuck into my mom's phone and liked her facebook page from my mom's account and even she's liking her (I think)!
-Ellen. Yes, Ellen Degeneres. My little guys LOVES this show. I'm not sure if its the dancing or what but he claps when the audience claps, laughs at her jokes, and dances to the music. He doesn't sit in front of the TV and just watch but she usually distracts him for a few moments while I try to put together some seblance of a dinner.
Accountability:- Clean the guest bedroom from top to bottom. Last month's carry over. I'm just going to walk the hall of shame now- and break down this goal into smaller little goals.
- Walk 2 miles 3 times per week. It's a little cold out and its been snowing like crazy so this may be over ambitious! Eh, not so much. The wather has been bananas! I don't think I've ever experiencedso much snow before. It snows about 4 times per week here. And while the actual snow isn't the problem- the unshoveled sidewalk is. I once went out to brave the cold after it had stopped snowing and my usual 3 mile less than an hour walk took about an hour and a half. Hubby and I have decided to invst in a jogging stroller in the coming months. On the upside we have a freakishly warm weather day that melted a great deal of the snow and I was back out there!
- Do a blog post 3 times per week for the remainder of January. Yep! I'm actually glad I made that goal. I was able to focus and bang out some posts that probably would have never gotten done- especially with the fun we've been having!
2.5 out of 3 isn't too shabby. Last month I was 5 out of 6... at least I'm consistent!