Friday, February 1, 2013

Game Day

source: unknown

I'm a fan of the Super Bowl. I like the party, food, & fun. I usually don't have a vested interest in the teams playing (unless my hubby's or dad's team is playing) so I generally look forward to sitting around and chatting with "the girls". This year's highlight for me is the half-time show. The last time I was looking forward to the half-time show was when Janet Jackson was headlining!


In honor of this year's festivities I'm hoping to try out some new game day recipes!

- Every good party needs a good dip! And this bacon double cheeseburger dip fits the bill! I plan on serving this with tortilla chips and watching it disappear.

- I'm a fan of one dish pasta's although I'm used to cooking them in a sauce of some sort like spaghetti or alfredo. This is different and looks like a crowd pleaser:
3/4 bag ziti noodles,1 lb of ground beef, 1 pkg taco seasoning, 1cup water, 1/2 pkg cream cheese, 1 1/2 cup shredded cheese -- boil pasta until just cooked, brown ground beef drain, mix taco seasoning 1 cup water w/ ground beef for 5 min, add cream cheese to beef mixture, stir until melted remove from heat, put pasta in casserole dish, mix in 1 cup cheese, top pasta/cheese with beef mixture gently mix, top w/ remaining cheese, bake at 350* uncovered for 15-20 minutes

- What's party without dessert?! And this cake comes with lots of team spirit! This looks easy enough to duplicate any time. Start with your favorite cake recips then spice it up using food coloring with coordinating team colors. The best part is - it works for any sport, any season!

- I've been to a few parties that had a specialty drink of the evening- our wedding included :) This recipe for sweet tea has a secret ingredient that I can't wait to try. I don't drink soda so this is right up my alley, however something tells me that the guys are going to be going for something a little stronger.


So now... I'm going to go put together my grocery list and here's to hoping that I can get it done!

Do you attend any Superbowl parties? Are you looking forward to Beyonce's performance or are you wishing she would disappear right about now? If you have any party recipes please share!

2 comments:

Let me know your thoughts.... Right here is good.

I respond to ALL comments- by email. Don't be a no-reply commenter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
X