Sunday, November 4, 2012

Tap, Tap, Tap... is thing thing on?!

My husband gave me this post title and I thought it was very fitting considering how MIA I've been. I know I said that I wanted to get back into the swing of things (over a month ago) but clearly things have not gone as planned! So I have a new plan... starting with some updates:
We finished moving! Well sorta. We're all moved in but not completely settled and we still have storage items back at our old place. And I bet you are dying to know which house we choose. I'm going to get to that in a different post but first I have some disclaimers. We decided to rent instead of buy. It was easier for us to make a less permanent decision right away. Because we rent I haven't decorated nearly as much as I did our last home. I mean it doesn't look horrible here but there is almost no color. AND?! I broke my camera. Well, its just missing a piece that I need to order (procrastinator much?) so all of my home tour pictures will be coming from my phone- bare with me.




Your prayers worked!! Thank you so much for all of your kind words and thoughts. My friend read each and every one of them. On September 22 after over 24 hours of labor she delivered a healthy baby boy!!! He's so squishy and absolutely sweet :) The adorableness kills me!


I lost this competition but Thanks for your support! I know the concept of a healthy hair journey is kind of crazy to some of you but it's kind of a big deal for a lot of African- American women. Thanks for sticking it out with me!

The whole reason I started this blog is because of my little guy and things are going pretty well with him. He is adjusting to our new home very well. However, you can definitely see a difference in him now that I'm home with him full time. Yep, I'm a SAHM now!! More deets on that in a separate post of course. As far as his "differences" are concerned there is some good and some that I feel aren't so good... maybe it's just me.

Now that we live away from my family, my husband and I have very little time to ourselves. That being said we have to make a concerted effort to find a babysitter. And that my friends is causing me some pretty sleepless nights. I'm really not comfortable with the idea of leaving my little guy with someone while husband and I hit the town for an evening. My first thought was to have the potential babysitter spend time with us as a family- while hubby an I are home. That way my boy won't feel like I abandoned him with a total stranger. But still something about not leaving him with family makes me very nervous and uneasy. I know people do it all the time but really guys- I'm nervous. More on this later.

Mommy friends. I need some, for real. I think my son gets tired of looking at me all day everyday. But (of course there is a but), I'm thinking we don't have time for that! Seriously my day is consumed with all things waddler (that's the in between baby and toddler stage #momwords) that I think trying to fit in play time with someone else is nearly impossible!

I want to start a new photo project now that my little guy is a year old. I'm thinking something along the lines of...




I also need to schedule a family photo sesh. The last time we did one the babe was a month old which now makes us one month over due. I need to figure out if we will do it here or back in Jersey, choose a photog, plan our outfits, and get it all done before the end of the year- preferably before December 1 so we can use some photos for Christmas cards. This is a lot to accomplish when you are talking to a procrastinator...

Speaking of to do lists, I feel like mine are a mile long. I really didn't think relocating would be this serious! Okay, back to the babe... We celebrated his first birthday and I can't wait to share the deets. I have to edit all the pics though and that may take me years. I also intended to put together a few giveaways for me and the babes birthday (5 days apart) but I don't know what the heck I'm doing! If you blog and do giveaways please email me and clue me in!

I think that just about covers it! Okay, not really. I could go on and on and on but I'll just write some posts instead. And in this moment I want to thank my IRL friend and fellow blogger friend Ebony as well as Dani for checking in on and my little space on the interwebs. If was in your thoughts and you are here now- Thanks for coming back !

1 comment:

Let me know your thoughts.... Right here is good.

I respond to ALL comments- by email. Don't be a no-reply commenter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
X