Monday, September 10, 2012

Show and Tell Monday's


Today, I’m linking up with Becky’s Show and tell. She’s no stranger on this blog! I love her link ups!  I'm really trying to get back into the swing of writing before I disappear again so you may see an insane amount of link-up posts.



1.     Tell us your favorite baby names? Aside from your own babies, if you have some :)





I’m trying hard not to reveal my son’s name (or mine for that matter) on here. I have a bad feeling it may come back to haunt me one day. I know readers feel more connected with bloggers when you know what to call them but I’m just not ready. So, I won’t be sharing his government name here but I will tell you some of my faves that will probably never be used by us.


 

 

 

 

 2.     Show me your "dream" nursery {can be your baby's nursery or one that you love}






This is our inspiration room.

I absolutely LOVE the nursery we were able to recreate from my inspiration room. I am so sorry we have to leave it behind and we won’t be able to recreate it again at our new place. If we ever get another that may be my go to nursery design.

                                                                             
This is how it turned out. LOVE.

3.     How many children would you like to have? How far apart?

 

I don’t think I've ever said this out load before but I’d like to have 4- 2 boys and 2 girls. Since I know it would never happen that way we aren't even going to shoot for 4 but I think it would be nice for each of my children to have a brother and a sister. My brother and I are super close and I wouldn't dream of changing that for the world. However, there are days where I miss having a sister.



4.     Tell us what you think the importance of parenting is?





I most certainly have not written the book on parenting and most days I feel like I’m still trying to figure that out. I am a year into this and there are days where I feel like I really could be mom of the year and days where I feel like I completely suck and my son is going to hate me for the rest of his life. When I'm having a rough day and things to not be going right I try to remember this- it doesn't always work but I give it a shot:











 

5. Show us your favorite newborn photo {can be your children or random}













I love this pic! I heart tiny little baby feet. I tried to recreate this with my baby and to kick it up a notch I placed hubby and my wedding rings on his little toes. That didn't quite work out because he kept curling his little toes. He still does that to this very day. It's very interesting when you try to put shoes on his feet.


My little guy has his toes curled so tight that his toes are blanching and you can't even see my wedding band! It's hidden on his left foot, lol!


6.  Tell us some things you promise to never do as a parent {and if you are a parent, did you stick to it}

I'm still too new to have a real answer for this. I think one of the things that I vowed not to do is let time slip us by. It's really important to me that my children know the meaning of family and family time and have some awesome childhood memories to go along with it. I don't want them to be at a point in their life when they are married with their own children and ask "mom, why didn't we do this?!"

If you're here from Becky's link up let me know by leaving a comment, I'd love to return the favor :)

3 comments:

  1. The husband's observations are as follows-

    A) I like Hudson, by Jeff stole it first.

    B) You didn't the crown molding I worked hard on in the nursery pics!

    C) you went from 1 to 4 in one weekend....whoa.

    D) Play time > Cleaning. LOL.

    E) My ring looks great in that pic...

    F) I hope to never tell my son "mommy won't let us have a dog." :)

    PS - who is Becky? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name Hudson! But my hubby vetoed it :-/

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts.... Right here is good.

I respond to ALL comments- by email. Don't be a no-reply commenter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
X