Monday, October 24, 2011

One month old!

Okay. He's actually 6 weeks old but seriously whose counting?


So let's see. He has had 3 well visits so far. His pediatrician does well visits at one week, two weeks, one month, two months, etc. My baby boy is now 9 pounds 3 ounces! That's almost two pounds up from his birth weight. I can't believe how fast he's growing- we've already retired all of his newborn sized clothes. I am sure my little baby boy is even 10 pounds now. Honestly I miss the way he curled up when he was first born- now his arms are completely stretched and he only curls them when he's eating or sleeping.

His likes:

Bathtime. He sits so contently while mommy or daddy washes his bum and take pictures. The baby bathtub has a built in thermometer so we know the water temperature is always perfect for him. I look forward to when he's able to enjoy it by splashing the water around :)

Being held. Sometimes to my detriment. There are times where I can't get anything done because he wants to be held. While I love this (because when he's a teenager he'll probably despise when I touch him) I fear that I am spoiling him a little too much. When he has another caregiver that's not me- he won't always get his way. I'm trying to get him use to being soothed other ways by placing him in the swing, but this doesn't always work. Also, when we have visitors they like to hold him (who doesn't love holding babies) and he's usually napping which is not helping the situation.

Eating. Did I mention he's almost 10 pounds!

Being talked to. He loves when anybody talks to him. He stares at anyone who speaks to him.

His Dislikes:

Bedtime. My little guys fights his sleep like it stole something from him. We are beginning to establish a bedtime routine. At 8 pm he gets a bath, then a bottle, and then he is rocked to sleep. Sometimes it works like a charm and other times- not so much. One night I resorted to putting him in his car seat and putting it on top of the dryer. That worked until I took him off the dryer. Then my husband took him for a car ride... a very long car ride. Now granted I am the same way. It takes me an insanely long time to fall asleep but come on! He's only 6 weeks old... I guess he got it honestly.

Being alone. Cuddling is his absolutely favorite past time... second to eating.

Not being able to see. It's crazy how nosy this little guy is. he wants to be a part of the action and see everything.

And here's the cutest little baby ever....








9 comments:

  1. He is absolutely precious! Let me know if you find something that works to help him sleep. We thought we had it figured out, but my little guy decided to prove us wrong, so its still a struggle for us as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww!! I can't believe it has been 6 weeks!! Seems like you are adjusting to Mommy-life!! (He is such a little cutie!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's one incredibly handsome little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everybody! @Tracy- how was your birthing experience? Email me at frommrstomom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the update!!! The dryer story is hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww, he's so adorable.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know your thoughts.... Right here is good.

I respond to ALL comments- by email. Don't be a no-reply commenter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
X